This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information, and the rights and choices available to individuals with respect to their information.
Individuals Under the Age of 18
The Sites are general audience sites and do not offer services directed to individuals under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the Sites, and ECG does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Sites or on or through any of their features, do not register on the Sites, use any of the interactive areas or features on the Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. We do not knowingly gather personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) in a manner not permitted by COPPA.
Should an individual whom we know to be under the age of 18 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible. If you believe we might have this type of information, of if you are a parent or guardian and you believe that we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-821-0920. We will remove all such data and information data.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of personal information, including contact information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name and email address.
Information You Provide to Us
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on our Sites or using various features through which you can contact us. This includes information provided at the time of sending any communications to us or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with one of our Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- The information you may provide to us includes name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and registration-related information, as well as information about your interests in and use of various programs and services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site(s), including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, if any.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit ECG, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information we obtain from third parties.
We may obtain your personal information from third parties, such as non-profit charitable organizations or other clients who receive certain services from ECG or its affiliates and subsidiaries. The personal information collected from third parties may include your name, mailing address, email, age, gender, and telephone number.
We may also receive certain donation or giving information from third parties, including the types and amounts of your past donations, names of charitable organizations associated with such donations, and the dates of your donations.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Sites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To share, exchange, or lease your personal information with any other entity for third-party fundraising or marketing purposes. If you are a resident of Nevada and Virginia, to opt out of this particular use of your personal information, you may contact ECG as described in the "Notice to Virginia and Nevada Residents" section below.
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Site users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ECG’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ECG about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ECG, or others.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is currently no industry consensus as to what site and app operations should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit allaboutdnt website.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
You may request the removal of your personal information from our databases, or deactivate your account (if any), by completing the Data Privacy Request form located at ecgone.com
Notice to Virginia and Nevada Residents
We are required by the Virginia Consumer Data Privacy Act (“VCDPA”) to provide to Virginia residents an explanation of how we collect, use, and share their personal information, and of the rights and choices we offer Virginia residents regarding our handling of their personal information. VCDPA grants individuals the following rights to Virginia residents:
- Access: You have the right to (1) confirm whether or not ECG has processed or collected any of your personal information and (2) to the extent ECG has done so, you can request a copy of the personal information that we collected about you.
- Right to Correct Inaccuracies: You have the right to request a correction of any inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Deletion: You can ask us to delete the personal information that we collected or maintain about you.
- Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information: You can direct us not to sell or exchange your personal information for any monetary compensation. You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
As a Virginia resident, you are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. Please note that the VCDPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you, and you have a right to appeal our decision.
VCDPA requires us to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request concerning personal information before providing a substantive response to the request.
Nevada laws permit Nevada residents to opt-out of sales or exchanges of certain kinds of personal information. If you are a Nevada resident, you can direct us not to sell or exchange your personal information for any monetary compensation. You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
How to Submit a Request
To submit a request in connection with any of your rights described in this section, please fill out the Data Privacy Request form located at ecgone.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If, for example, we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.